Wednesday, August 8, 2012

God's Got Me in a Mess!

God’s got me in a mess

John 9:3
"Neither this man nor his parents sinned", said Jesus, “but this happened so that the work of God might be displayed in his life.”

Everybody wants to know whose fault it is when you find yourself in a mess. Was it you or somebody else? There are some things that happen that are outside our control and we have no idea why they happened. I’d like to submit to you another alternative…God may be the one behind this mess!

When the disciples come across a man born blind begging by the roadside they asked Jesus who sinned this man or his parents? Jesus said neither one of them did anything to cause this but it happened that God might get some Glory out of your life.

The other day I watched Oscar “Blade Runner” Pistorious make his Olympic debut as he advanced to the 400 meter semifinals without legs. Not many people who were born without fibulas and whose legs were amputated below the knee at 11 months would be able to stand in front of you and tell you about life’s blessings and be completely sincere but Oscar can.

Jesus put some mud on the blind man’s eyes and told him to go wash in the pool of Siloam. Jesus created a mess before he blessed him. Really it was a mess on top of a mess. The test in your life is this, can you still do what God told you to do in the midst of your mess? Can you stop feeling sorry for yourself long enough to go on to do the impossible?

The blind man did and came back seeing. Oscar did and went to the Olympics. You can and become more than an overcomer through Jesus Christ who gives you strength. God will bless you in your mess!

Dear God,

Use my mess to bless me. I’m through feeling sorry for myself and I’m ready for you to give me back my vision and help me win this race.

In Jesus name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment