Wednesday, August 22, 2012

I Can't Keep Doing THis

I John 3:9

No one who is born of God will continue to sin, because God’s seed remains in him; he cannot go on sinning, because he has been born of God.

It’s hard to stay clean in a dirty place, yet that is our challenge as Christians. Faced with so many temptations and challenges it’s almost inevitable that we will sin and fall short of the Glory of God but we can’t stay there in that place failure.

When I get lost driving in a new place using my GPS, the lady’s voice comes across my speaker system and says, “Recalculating” and she will not let me keep going in the wrong direction. In life, we will occasionally miss our exit but God’s voice will get us back on track.

When we are born again, God puts his word or his seed in us. That seed begins to grow through study, prayer, and obedience. It becomes our moral compass. When we get off track he guides us back in the right direction. The bible says, “anyone born of God cannot go on sinning. “ This does not mean that guide takes away our free choice. It means that even when we mess up the seed reminds us that we missed our exit and:

  1. Your peace will be disturbed. When we sin against God we will not experience the peace of God that transcends all human understanding because of the fracture in our relationship with God.
  2. Your conscience will be bothered. Hiding sin in your life is like hiding a fugitive in your house. You won’t be able to rest.
  3. Your movement will cease. Like the man in Psalm 1 who sins against God, we go from walking, to standing, to sitting. Sin halts your movement.
  4. You can ultimately die. The wages of sin is death but the gift of God is eternal life.
  5. You can recalculate and repent. When you miss your exit the voice tells you, “Make a legal U-Turn up ahead.” Repent means to turn and go the other direction, a legal U-Turn. God allows us to do that when we miss our exit.
Dear God

I repent of my sins and I’m turning around to head in the Right Direction. Thank you for helping me when I got off track. I’m heading in a New Direction from the inside out.

In Jesus Name,

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment