Wednesday, August 8, 2012

I Am With You

Jeremiah 1:19 19 They will fight against you but will not overcome you, for I am with you and will rescue you,” declares the Lord.

I was working out with my trainer this morning and it was pretty intense. After about the fourth set, I noticed his hands were on the bar I was pulling. He said, "I'm not helping you. I'm just here for safety. You're doing the work". Even though I was tired I got strength in knowing that somebody was there in case the load got too heavy or I experienced danger. In order for me to get stronger and get the results I was looking for I had to do the work but the comfort came in knowing that he was there.

God told Jeremiah the same thing, I am with you. They will fight against you, but I'm here. God was straight up with Jeremiah about the fact that he would experience resistance because of the word he had to deliver to an obstinate people. Jeremiah already had some reservations because he felt like he was too young but God reminds him that he would be a present help in the time of trouble.

God doesn't always do the lifting or the fighting for us but he's there. The only way we really get stronger is that we have to do the work. The promise is that we are going to win but the process is that we are going to have to fight. He's there.

Whatever it is that you are facing just know that God is with you. God promises Jeremiah three things:

1. His Prediction. They will not overcome you. God will not put more on you than you can bear. What you are facing will not win.

2. His Presence. In God's Presence there is fullness of Joy. His presence gives us power!

3. His protection. God says that when the weight gets too heavy he will step in and help us defeat our enemies. Your enemy might be sickness. Your enemy might be antagonism at the work place. Your enemy might be poor economic conditions but God promises his protection.

God is with us.

In Jesus Name,

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment