Thursday, May 12, 2011

He Hears You

2 Samuel 22:7

In my distress i called to the Lord; I called out to my God. From his temple he heard my voice; my cry came to his ears.




Sometimes, it feels like we are cut off from God and he cannot hear us. When we are surrounded by our enemies, distressed by our circumstances, and drowning in our own fears, sometimes, it seems like God has forgotten about us.



It's not that God has forgotten but sometimes he gives us space to work out our soul salvation. He gives us room to work out our dilemmas with the strength, wisdom, and knowledge he's already given us. When it becomes more than we can handle he will step in and deliver.



Sometimes, I can be in the house with my three sons and I can hear them upstairs in conflict. With three sons in the same house there is bound to be conflict. I don't jump up every time I hear an argument, or a bump, or a thud. What i listen for is a cry of distress, then I go regulate. If I jumped in every five minute sthey would never learn how to resolve their own conflict. God doesn't jump into every situation because he trusts us to use our spiritual DNA to work it out but if we cry out in distress he hears us.



When you cry out to God in your distress he will:



1. Reach down and take hold of you to draw you out of deep waters. when Peter was brave enough to follow Jesus out into a storm to walk on water he became overwhelmed with the storm and started sinking. He cried out and Jesus reached down to pull him up. Jesus will allow us to walk through storms but is always there if we get overwhelmed. Verse 17



2. God will rescue you from your enemies when they are too strong for you. Verse 18



3. God will bring you into a spacious place. when we feel like we are surrounded and closed in God has a way of expanding our territory and making banquet tables in the presence of our enemies. verse 20



Dear God,



Today I pray that you would show my friends that greater is he that is in them than he that is in the world. Show us today that greater are those that are with us than there are with them. Thank you for coming to see about me and for rescuing me in my time of distress. you are an awesome and mighty God! Thank you Father for caring enough to rise from your throne and for sending Jesus to regulate my situation.



In Jesus Name,



Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment