Monday, May 23, 2011

You Have A Credit!

Romans 4:
23 The words “it was credited to him” were written not for him alone, 24 but also for us, to whom God will credit righteousness—for us who believe in him who raised Jesus our Lord from the dead.


Nothing thrills me more than to look through my bank transactions and discover that to the right of all my debits an indention signifying that I have a credit. What is even better is when my credit outweighs my debits. That means I’ve put in more than I’ve taken out. If we look at the transactions from our lives you will notice that to the right side of your life are moments where God made some deposits in you that outweigh what you’ve done for him. There are moments when you didn’t have anything to put in but because you trusted him he put in for you and it was credited to you as righteousness.

There is an assurance you have when you have a credit in your account. I think that’s what Tupac meant when he said, “it feels good putting money in your mailbox.” The only problem is what Tupac had to do to put money in his mailbox. He had to hustle and sell drugs so unfortunately he was making withdrawals while he was making deposits. It is only when we trust God that God makes a deposit on our behalf. Abraham believed God’s promise that he would make a nation through him even though he was an old man and Sarah’s womb was dead. Because he believed God it was credited to him as Righteousness.

That doesn’t mean we remain idle and not work but instead we trust God for our work instead of doing something against God’s will. When we have a credit from God because of our faith it means:

Our transgressions are forgiven. (verse 7) We have overdraft protection. Some banks allow you grace when you take out more than you have in because of relationship. Your pattern through the years shows them that you can be trusted to quickly make up the difference. When we trust God he makes up the difference when we fall short.
Your sins will never be counted against you. (verse 8) your credit score with God is always high not because of your history but because Jesus paid it all on Calvary.
We are justified. (verse 25) We stand before God as Righteous because of our faith in a Resurrected Jesus who died for our sins. Justified=Just-as if- I-didn’t do it!

Dear God,

Thank you for my credit! I checked my account and you kept me from falling. I’m still in good standing because you first loved me. I made too many withdrawals but you covered me until I was able to make a deposit. Thank you Lord for giving me credit I didn’t deserve. I love you Lord and I’m grateful, you get all the credit, the Glory, and the honor.

In Jesus Name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment