Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Do You Have Any Clothes On?

Col 3:12
Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience.


Whenever it’s time to go I always have to remind my boys to put their clothes on ahead of time. Daddy’s ready to go and they are still running around half-dressed. Especially now that it’s cold outside I have to remind them to be fully clothed or else they will get sick.

We are living in a cold world where our Father has to remind us early to be dressed so we can go out in the world and represent him. We can’t go out into this cold and indifferent world half dressed because we will catch the coldness of a world that seems to be devoid of human compassion and Godly love.

There are some clothes we need to make sure that we put on as God’s chosen people before we go outside:

1. Compassion. This is the ability to see people hurt or in need and we actually are moved to help them. Compassion comes from having spent time with God and we see people the way God sees them.

2. Kindness is the quality of being friendly, generous, and considerate. When people meet you are they meeting a friendly person or a grumpy person? What’s behind that smile, sincerity or sarcasm?

3. Humility is having a low view of one’s importance. It’s like being an Undercover Boss 24 hours a day. Even though your gifts and experience are greater you still act like it’s your first day on the job. You are humble and eager to help.

4.Gentleness. Is when you are mild in temperament or behavior. Gentleness is exerting enough pressure to where you are helping without hurting.

5. Patient. This means to be slow to anger. It’s the ability to wait without becoming annoyed.

Before you leave the house, go to work or walk in class make sure you have your clothes on; all of them.

Dear God, thank you for clothing me in Righteousness. I pray that I would warm up the room instead of adding to its coldness or being overcome by others frigidness. I choose to put on the full armor and to make sure it’s all tied up with Love. If I am lacking any clothing please cover me and stitch up any hole in my personality. Thank you for clothing me and covering me today.

In Jesus Name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment