Thursday, December 16, 2010

How To SIlence Your Haters

I Peter 2:15
For it is God’s will that by doing good you should silence the ignorant talk of foolish men.


When Lebron James went back to Cleveland to play against his former team, he faced a very hostile arena. People shouted every mean obscene thing you could imagine along with signs, t-shirts, and nasty chants. One could argue that Lebron deserved some of this hostility because of how he made his announcement of departure but then on the other side of the coin you could argue that he had the right to leave as a free agent. For Seven years, this young man gave his best to his hometown but now “a player has no honor in his own hometown.” ‘Akron Hates You!’

Lebron never got visibly upset or said anything bad about the people of Cleveland but he silenced the crowd. He silenced his haters with his exceptional play and team victory in a convincing win. I’m sure he was hurt but he let his actions speak for his character. He played with dignity and won with dignity. His haters were silent.

Whenever you are out front people will always have something to say about what you do. Being a Christian automatically guarantees you will be hated on. Many of us have to work in hostile environments with people who hope we fail. It comes with the territory. Jesus said, “If they hated me they will hate you also.” No matter what they say there is a way you can silence your haters:

1. Do good..By being morally correct. I Peter 2:12
2. Do good...by helping other people. I Peter 4:10
3. Do good by being successful in your field. Matthew 14:5
4. Do good by not returning evil for evil. I Peter 3:9
5. Do good by being nice to your haters Proverbs 25:21-22

Dear God, thank you for silencing my enemies with Kingdom success. Today, let my work speak for me. I will not waste energy on negative people, instead, I will do something positive to silence my haters. Thank you for making a banquet table in the presence of all my enemies. I give you all the Glory today and thank you for your peace and favor that rest on me.

In Jesus Name
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment