Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Signed, Sealed and Delivered!

Rev. 9:4
They were told not to harm the grass of the earth or any plant or tree, but only those people who did not have the seal of God on their foreheads.


I’ve done a lot of foolish things that I really didn’t mean. I could be a broken man but here I am, signed, sealed, delivered, I’m yours.—Stevie Wonder

Whenever a King sent out a message he would sign the letter which made the decree irrevocable, seal it with wax and imprint of his signet ring which gave it authority, and it would be delivered by a messenger.

You and I are that letter. We are a letter written by the hand of God for the world to read. 2 Corinthians 3:2-3 2 You yourselves are our letter, written on our hearts, known and read by everyone. 3 You show that you are a letter from Christ, the result of our ministry, written not with ink but with the Spirit of the living God, not on tablets of stone but on tablets of human hearts.

When we belong to God we are Signed, Sealed, and Delivered

1. Signed. When we accept Jesus Christ as our Lord and savior the Holy Spirit writes on our hearts the word of God for the world to read. Our names are written or signed in the book of life. When there is an athlete or an artist with gifts or talents, often times they wait to be signed before their careers take off. Our gifts/talents will never take off until we allow God to sign us up for the Christian jubilee and write our names on the row. I’m glad God signed my name.

2. Sealed. Once we have accepted Jesus and follow him we cannot be snatched out of his hand. There is an invisible seal on your forehead that lets the devil know, “you can’t touch this one!” the Jewish people wore phylacteries on their foreheads to symbolize that God’s word is written on their foreheads, that means it is on the forefront of their minds. Exodus 13:9. As Christians we anoint the foreheads with oil as a sign of God’s presence on the lives of people. We are sealed by the blood of the lamb.

3. Delivered. When we are signed and sealed the promise is that we will be delivered when God unleashes his wrath during the great tribulation and judgment. The only reason some of us are still alive is because we’ve been signed, sealed, and delivered by Jesus.

Dear God,
I thank you for signing my name in the Book of Life. Even though I’ve done some foolish things I’m still yours. Your love and the blood of Jesus purchased me. Your grace has sealed me for the Day of Judgment. On that day I will be delivered because of your great love for me. Not just for me but for all of those who give their lives to you to be delivered on that great day. Here I am Lord, Signed, Sealed, and delivered…I’m yours!

In Jesus Name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment