Thursday, December 2, 2010

A Living Sacrifice

Romans 12:1
Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God’s mercy to offer your bodies as living sacrifices Holy and pleasing to god—this is your spiritual act of worship.


When I think about daily sacrifices I think about professional athletes who do not have the luxury of being lazy, sleep in late, eat a bunch of junk and get addicted to alcohol/drugs and still be effective. For the most part, professional athletes sacrifice pleasures for peak performance. They do it for a prize or a paycheck. As Christians we do it for a prize that will not perish, eternal life.

There are some things we could do but we choose to cut out as a sacrifice so that we can be more effective as a Spiritual Warrior. No soldier gets entangled in Civilian affairs. Everyday, as believers, we are supposed to report for duty by offering our bodies as living sacrifices.

How do we present our bodies as living sacrifices?

1. Avoid all appearances of evil.

2. If it causes someone else to be offended don’t do it. I Corinthians 10: 31 So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God. 32 Do not cause anyone to stumble, whether Jews, Greeks or the church of God— 33 even as I try to please everyone in every way. For I am not seeking my own good but the good of many, so that they may be saved.

3. Love those who don’t like you. Matthew 5:44But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you,

4. Cast aside every weight that would easily entangle you. Hebrews 12

1 Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us.


5.Pray “not my will but your will be done.”

6.Change your diet. When you want to achieve maximum results you have to change what you’re taking in. In working out, you can do all the physical exercise you want but if your diet is bad you will still be overweight.

7. If it is in your power to help someone do it. James 2:15-17 (New International Version, ©2010)

15 Suppose a brother or a sister is without clothes and daily food. 16 If one of you says to them, “Go in peace; keep warm and well fed,” but does nothing about their physical needs, what good is it? 17 In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead.

Dear God, I present myself to you as a livng sacrifice. Its not about me, its about you getting Glory out of my life. It's not about my convenience it's about your Kingdom. It's not about what pleasures me it's about my purpose. I refuse to waste my life on me when I know it's bigger than me. I present my body as a livng sacrifice.

In Jesus Name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment